Photo by Leigh Miller
San Francisco is the original home of Rick Deckard and the future home of Starfleet Academy. What other sci-fi tales are ready to burst from the San Francisco streets? Sci-Fi San Francisco, the next anthology from Skoda Man Press, will collect short science fiction stories set in San Francisco, as well as stories about science fiction in San Francisco. Alternate histories, alien invasions, optimistic futures, biographies of sci-fi creators, and weird architecture are all welcome!
Here are the details:
- Payment will be $35/page for print and digital publication rights. This is not a work for hire, and you'll retain ownership of your piece.
- Previously published comics are A-OK. Just let me know where they have been published before so I can mention it in the notes.
- The deadline for pitches (with page counts) is December 1st, 2012. The deadline for finished pages is April 1st, 2013.
- Stories should be one page minimum and 10 pages maximum. Pages should be standard American comic book size (17x26 cm or 6.625″x 10.25″) and in black and white.
- All stories should be set in San Francisco and somehow related to science fiction.
Send pitches and questions to Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org